Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

kjoshlin
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Themes without Internet on BB 8310

[ Edited ]
I want to know if there is any way I can download themes to my desktop and put them on my BB 8310 through my Desktop manager or any other way.  I don't have data capabilities on my phone... so I can't download it from my browser on the phone itself.  Or is there an application out there that I can download to my computer that will allow me to make my own themes?
Message Edited by kjoshlin on 08-21-2008 08:24 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Themes without Internet on BB 8310

Yes you can download themes to your computer and then transfer it. Unfortunately I have never done it so I can't give you instructions. Sorry. Also there is software to make your own theme. Check out themes4bb.com. They will give you instructions as to downloading the theme as well as how to create your own.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khartig

It fairly simple.  Checkout  http://www.zedge.net  they have quite a few and most of them are free.  You just download to you computer and drag and drop them into your unit using your desktop manager.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Find the theme you want

Download file to a directory on your PC (I usually have one called BB apps

Execute file (it is self extraction and will put the files for the theme in the BB aps directory.

Start desktop manager, BACKUP first (a little paranoia is a GOOD thing :smileyhappy:

Then go to Applications loader, and browse to the directory where you put the theme.

It will then show up under applications and you can install it on your BB.

If you ever need to reload the theme, you have it on your PC in bb apps.

Voila!

Please let me know if this answers your questions, of you need more info! I this answers it please resolve the thread by using the options on the right!

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marmoora

Hey Guys, :smileywink:

i desperately need help  << Calm down lol

well, i've done every single thing i read, every single optiones you and everyone else gave me

but my Blackbeery won't do it!!!

i only want to upload the theme on my BB Curve 8310, is that a lot to ask for? :womansad: :smileysad:

i don't have the theme reader, because i couldn't find it, some people said the 8310 comes with a built in theme reader so you don't have to download it,

now i've downloaded couple of OTA free themes, but once i open the desktop manager and try to drag em in, i keep getting this annoying stupid nerve racking messege "no additional applications designed for you device were found"

i tried everything, and the thing is, i wasn't REALLY interested in downloading themes, i wanted to give it a try, but once it got hard, i kept wanting to work it out LOL

Help me Guys, I'm feeling stupid!!!

Cheeeeeerz

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

which theme is this ? can you show the URL ?
To install a theme on your device you need all the following in that precise order:
1) on your PC, install the USB drivers
2) on your PC, install Desktop Manager 4.7 (without Media Manager is better in my opinion)
3) on your PC, download and install the Device Software that matches the version on your device
4) on your PC, download and install the third party Theme
5) on your PC, open the Desktop Manager and go to the Applications section, and check the Theme before applying.

for 3) it's easy :
home screen >> options >> About.
for example I have 4.2.2.175. Then you have to go on your carrier's website and find the OS

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marmoora

hey There, :smileyhappy:

Thank you for your reply, i'm gonna try doing all of that today and i'll let you know...

i'll keep my fingers Crossed :smileyindifferent:

See Ya.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marmoora

hey there...

i've done everything you asked me to, but i keep getting that bloody Messege :smileysad:

what do i do ?!?!??!!?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

did you do 3) ? what happened ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frameguy

I checked out  http://www.zedge.net and it only works for certain Nokia or Sony-Ericsson phones. They have nothing for any Blackberry.
Please use plain text.