Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
pasakaw
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: blackberry
Accepted Solution

There was an error updating your software. An error has occurred while updating your device's software. Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000084]"

i`m updating my blackberry smartphone using blackberry desktop software 7.1 on my laptop, the current version of my blackberry 8520 is 4.1 and i`m updating it to 5.0. I already finish the download, then when the next operation is installation then the error has occured:

"There was an error updating your software. An error has occurred while updating your device software. Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000084]"

then my blackberry smartphone disconnected to blackberry desktop software and said that the installation is failed. when i open my blackberry smartphone, "Reload Software: 561" appear on my screen. I open the blackberry desktop software it appears that:

"blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device.

if the device is rebooting or has a dead battery. click retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots.

if clickikng retry doesn`t connect the device or the device isn`t rebooting with a charged battery. you might need to update you blackberry device software to correct the problem.

Troubleshoot your device connection

Retry             Update           Cancel

then i click update. after i click the update it appears that:

Confirm device repair

if you cannot use your device, you can repair it and restore its factory settings by loading the software again. your media files and documents, data, settings and most applications will be deleted. do you want to continue?

Repair            Cancel           

after i click repair it appears that:

Checking for BlackBerry Device Software Updates.

Please Wait...

Close

after that it appears:

There are no blackberry Device Software updates available.

Close

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? I WANT AN ANSWER.
PLEASE HELP ME :smileysad:(((

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: There was an error updating your software. An error has occurred while updating your device's software. Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000084]"

Try this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=A8A923B79B2E9C50AF69E44614D26EE2?...

VIA | Forums Veteran II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/reload-software-561-problem/td-p/1993361

Hello pasakaw

You can use that OS.Just follow the steps below:

You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.

This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.

1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide

2. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.

3. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.

Official BB OS download portal:

Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.

4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru

- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)

- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Credits and Guide: sdgardne Hall of Famer II

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pasakaw

Re: There was an error updating your software. An error has occurred while updating your device's software. Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000084]"

i forgot the latest version OS of my blackberry device.. my BB is 8520.. what is the true and latest version of BB 8520 as of now and what i have to update???

please help me.. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Latest OS

Official BB OS download portal:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pasakaw

thankyou very much i already updated my BB :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.