10-08-2013 01:32 AM
i`m updating my blackberry smartphone using blackberry desktop software 7.1 on my laptop, the current version of my blackberry 8520 is 4.1 and i`m updating it to 5.0. I already finish the download, then when the next operation is installation then the error has occured:
"There was an error updating your software. An error has occurred while updating your device software. Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000084]"
then my blackberry smartphone disconnected to blackberry desktop software and said that the installation is failed. when i open my blackberry smartphone, "Reload Software: 561" appear on my screen. I open the blackberry desktop software it appears that:
"blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device.
if the device is rebooting or has a dead battery. click retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots.
if clickikng retry doesn`t connect the device or the device isn`t rebooting with a charged battery. you might need to update you blackberry device software to correct the problem.
Troubleshoot your device connection
Retry Update Cancel
then i click update. after i click the update it appears that:
Confirm device repair
if you cannot use your device, you can repair it and restore its factory settings by loading the software again. your media files and documents, data, settings and most applications will be deleted. do you want to continue?
after i click repair it appears that:
Checking for BlackBerry Device Software Updates.
after that it appears:
There are no blackberry Device Software updates available.
HOW CAN I FIX THIS? I WANT AN ANSWER.
PLEASE HELP ME (((
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-08-2013 02:08 AM
VIA | Wolf359
You can use that OS.Just follow the steps below:
You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.
This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.
1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide
2. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.
3. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.
Official BB OS download portal:
Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.
4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)
- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Credits and Guide: sdgardne
10-11-2013 01:49 AM
10-11-2013 01:57 AM
Official BB OS download portal: