Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
cesarevo9
My Device: blackberry torch 9860

This phone has different settings help

[ Edited ]

Sow I had a curve 9360 but I lost it and just bought another one but used one but this one is really different then the one I had for example I did a complete wipe and ones it started back up I automatically ask for a password I put one in and it gets it but it has to be some amount of character. And I when on to the password settings and its locked to be on u cant disable it and some settings are like that as well and it has a little lock next to it that it can't be change the setting . Why is this one like this

also in the manage connection screen it has mobile hotspots and near field communication and that my old one didn't have

can u guys help me understand why this phone is like this

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: This phone has different settings help

The device has an IT Policy on it left over from being on a corporate BES system. You will need to remove the IT policy.

Follow the instructions here to reset the device to factory defaults:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18998
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
cesarevo9

i cant do it like that i have vista on my computer but im not able to get to those settings can u help me

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Download and install JL_Cmder to your computer. Then plug in your device and follow the instructions in JL_Cmder to do a "resettofactory" on the device.

Download JL_Cmder here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachments/rim-software/19475d1318636583-jl_cmder-jl_cmder-v1.9.4.z...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
cesarevo9

do i do reset to factory the option 5

New Contributor
cesarevo9

by doing that i can remove the IT polocy correct

Guru I
John_Clark

Yes, plug in the device and use option 5 "resettofactory". That will remove the policy. it will also wipe the device so make sure any data you have is backed up.