Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
yellowbucket4
My Device: Not Specified

Total Blackberry Newbie, PC won't connect to Curve through USB

Hoping someone can help me with this problem.  Just got a Curve a couple of days ago and love it.  I have been trying on and off and decided to really iron out my problem with getting my phone and PC to sync.  I am using the provided cable, have loaded the software, when I connect into the device the computer makes the noise like something has been recognized as being hooked up on a USB port.  The problem is on the BB Desktop manager Active Device is none and Device connected is none.  The BB Desktop says at the top disconnected.  I have clicked on Device Connected [PIN], got a popup for connection settings, clicked on USB and detect and get a warning stating device not found.  I have tried it on every USB port on my computer and nothing changes.  I  went on BB site and trouble shooting said to turn off antivirus, I did and I turned off my firewall.  I called sprint support and they told me it was maybe the cable, and I don't have a lot of confidence in that diagnosis, but when I plug into the phone a cable connection icon near the battery comes on for a moment and then disappears. 

Any help or suggestions would be tremendous.

Thanks ahead of time

Andy B

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Total Blackberry Newbie, PC won't connect to Curve through USB

Was your BlackBerry connected to the computer when you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager? If so, try reinstalling the software with the device disconnected.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yellowbucket4

don't think it was but will try that

I'll let you know how I do

Andy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CASoff
My Device: blackberry 8300 Curve

I'm having the same issue with my Blackberry 8300..has anyone a solution
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

CASoff wrote:
I'm having the same issue with my Blackberry 8300..has anyone a solution

Did you have your unit plugged like d_fisher mentioned to the other user? if so it will not see your unit correctly.

Let us know...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CASoff
My Device: blackberry 8300 Curve

No, I did not have the Blackberry connected when I installed the software. After installing the software, I'm missing the media manager. I have all the rest of the icons..back/up, synch, etc. The media manager will not install. I have tried un-installing the software then re-installing it, but I get the same results. Lastly, the one time that I did get it to wor. When I clicked on the media manager, I getting a C++ Runtime error. What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Chaperz

Im having the same problem, mine wasnt connected when I installed the programme and it wont show up on my computer or on the BB

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ragorman
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Are these attempts on PC's attached to a network of any kind? Or perhaps a pre-assigned flash drive? If so, the BB will sometimes try and take the drvie letter assigned to the Network or flash drive. Except the network won't release it. The PC will 'bonk' with the connect noise, but the PC will not recognize the device.

What will sometimes work is to boot the PC WITHOUT network  while the BB IS connected. Let the device get the drive letter it wants, then REMAP the drive letter for the BB. In my case I chose "B" (pretty obvious). Then reboot with the device DISCONNECTED, let the network drive take its assigned letter. Then plug in the BB and it "should" take the new letter assigned to it and be seen by the PC.

Please use plain text.
Annelise
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem (Window's Vista user) but downloaded the Roger's Wireless Connection Manager.  According to the connection manager things still weren't right but my Blackberry now connects to the computer and all is working perfectly.  I just searched the web for the connection manager and downloaded.  Hope this helps. A

Please use plain text.
ram8192
My Device: curve - 8520
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

still My curve is not connecting to PC. please advice

Annelise wrote:

I had the same problem (Window's Vista user) but downloaded the Roger's Wireless Connection Manager.  According to the connection manager things still weren't right but my Blackberry now connects to the computer and all is working perfectly.  I just searched the web for the connection manager and downloaded.  Hope this helps. A

Please use plain text.