Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

patelhaki
My Device: Curve 9360

Touchpad not working after software update

Hi i have just updated my software on my Curve 9360 to 7.1 bundle and my touchpad does not respond aside from the click option(doesnt move vertical or diagonally). i have tried to take out the battery and this has not resolved the issue. Please help

CRLineman

Re: Touchpad not working after software update

I have had the same issue since I did a security wipe on a Curve 9360 so my son could use it. After initial startup, screen seemed to freeze at the " This handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential to research in motion......etc" page. It was the trackpad not working, could not scroll down to click Ok. Today tried to figure it out after letting it sit for a few weeks, and for some reason, was able to scroll to click the Ok. Went in to settings and enabled sound for trackpad and keys, Trackpad works by itself fine sometimes, other times I need to press the shift key to get it to work. Sometimes it wont work but can hear the click sound as if it was working. Very frustrating. 

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

You can try reloading device OS again. If the issue is related to software then reloading software will resolve the issue. Check the below knowledge base article -

• KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
Riqey

I am having the same problem. The trackpad will select when pressed but does not scroll. Downgrading/reloading OS is of no help. What other possible solutions could there be?