Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
xhenri
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Trackball question

So I just got my first blackberry (bought one that was used on eBay), and it looked totally brand new except for a tiny nick on the back cover but the screen was flawless. However, I noticed that to select things (aka 'click' the trackball), it did not make a click or pushing feeling at all, it felt like I was pressing against the trackball which didn't move or make any sign of being pushed. Is it supposed to do this or do they normally make a clicking or pushing feeling? Also it makes a wierd sort of scraping noise when I scroll and stuff but it doesn't really matter. Any help?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Trackball question

No, it should click when you push the trackball.  They can be a little rough feeling when rolled, and that is normal. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xhenri

Is it possible to buy new trackballs to replace my broken one? I mean, it still works and selects things, but it's kind of hard to get it to work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LadyLuck

Yes,this link should take you to a place for parts. its the one i used. 

https://www.blackberry8100parts.com/BlackBerry-Parts_c_1.html?gclid=CIK0ur3dmJYCFRNOagodNGEO6w
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You can also go to www.horizonwirelessonline.com

If you don't see something on the site, give them a call.  They have it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xhenri

Thanks guys!
Please use plain text.