Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9780

Tracking a log file

Dear BlackBerry Technical Support,

I have a technical inquiry regarding my blackberry phone and would appreciate you support.

I have a blackberry curve 9630. I did a full backup for the device on my PC in case the need to restore in the future arises.

Among the backed-up files there was a .DOC file which I had received thru email via BES. 

My inquiry here is: how can I track if this specific .DOC file was opened and viewed from the BES and/or the PC.

Regards,

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Tracking a log file

I think the only way to know would be to restore the backup file and look to see if the email is showing as read or unread. I don't think there is a more technical way to determine that info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9780

Thank you John,

i am wondering if PC log files and BES logs can display the activity by tracking the Email header information.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That would be a question for the BES forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!