Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: LIME

Tracking a stolen phone

My phone was stolen on Friday night. Is there anyway I can track it?

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Tracking a stolen phone

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

I have a link for  you... SSmiley Sadrry about your loss.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=6213&que...

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

lasontasealy wrote:

My phone was stolen on Friday night. Is there anyway I can track it?

Hi!

Indeed -- if you never installed anything before, then there is nothing to do. You can contact your carrier and ask them if they have any ability to track it...but I doubt it. They may want a police report from you as well. Hopefully, you had a device password on your BB so that at least it'll be wiped clean of your information. But you definitely want to call your carrier and get things going with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mine too (ugh..so expensive to replace...can't do right now). Isn't there anyway of tracking it (the lost phone) via internet (google maps or something, like they do at work when tracking work vehicles?), or from another phone, because it does have gps built in, right? (it is a pearl 8100). Does anyone know how to track a cell phone like this? Thanks in advance.

ps, does anyone know how to start a new thread on here? Would appreciate directions to do so.

Hall of Famer II

izblue wrote:

Mine too (ugh..so expensive to replace...can't do right now). Isn't there anyway of tracking it (the lost phone) via internet (google maps or something, like they do at work when tracking work vehicles?), or from another phone, because it does have gps built in, right? (it is a pearl 8100). Does anyone know how to track a cell phone like this? Thanks in advance.

ps, does anyone know how to start a new thread on here? Would appreciate directions to do so.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are indeed tools that you, as the end user, can use to track your BB -- but only if you already installed an add-on software to the BB. If you have not done so before it was stolen, then there is no tool for you to access. You carrier could possibly do so, but you'd have to talk to them about how (or even if) they would go about it -- I'd guess that at a minimum they'd want a police report from you that has reported the device as stolen. But I'm only guessing there -- your carrier is in control, contact them.

For a new thread -- first choose the topic area that you first want from here:

and then, when the message list is displayed, there will be a "New Message" button on the left side of one of the toolbars...click that to start a new thread.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Great, thanks so much for letting me know. But, I see, yes, obviously! I don't have the phone, can't add on that BB apps for that..oh dear..well, where can I get the apps as I will have to buy a new BB phone, I think...

thanks too for the new thread info...

~Barbara

Hall of Famer II

Sorry -- I don't recall what those apps are...I recall them being discussed here in these forums, but I don't recall their names. You could do some searching and see what you find...or others might chime in with the data.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Loop Mobile (India) Limited

[ Edited ]

Good Morning,

Request you to please trace my Blackberry 8520 Hanset. Detail as follow. As i have lost my Blackberry Hanset Date 01-04-2013 At morning 9.20 am while boarding Train at Andheri Station. I have already place the police complain to Andheri Station. If  require please provide the concern depatment contact no or email no to whom  may i contact.Please help I m in very much needul of my hanset.And i knew the brand name Blackberry who will realy help me for the same.

IMEI :- 

PIN  :- 

Additinal Infro:- BT MAC:- 

Request you to please track my hanset and contact me on .Even any update on my hanset tacking also can mail on  [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

Please check and rever back.

Regards.

Ajay Verma

Hall of Famer II

ajay24_7 wrote:

Good Morning,

Request you to please trace my Blackberry 8520 Hanset. Detail as follow. As i have lost my Blackberry Hanset Date 01-04-2013 At morning 9.20 am while boarding Train at Andheri Station. I have already place the police complain to Andheri Station. If  require please provide the concern depatment contact no or email no to whom  may i contact.Please help I m in very much needul of my hanset.And i knew the brand name Blackberry who will realy help me for the same.

IMEI :- 

PIN  :- 

Additinal Infro:- BT MAC:- 

Request you to please track my hanset and contact me on .Even any update on my hanset tacking also can mail on  [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

Please check and rever back.

Regards.

Ajay Verma

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Perhaps you missed it...please see this information at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site is a user-to-user community...it is not a channel for any formal communications with BlackBerry.

For your specific question, please see this helpful thread:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Loop Mobile (India) Limited

Awaiting u r reply please help

Regards

Ajay Verma