Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
ashuhlee89
My Device: Blackbery Curve 9360

Trackpad/Keypad issue.

Hey everyone,

I have a Blackberry Curve 9360 and noticed today some issues with the trackpad. When my curve is on the home screen, the trackpad will not work. I have to press a punch of random keys all at once in order to get some keypad to work. Using the search option I can then access other menus and the trackpad will work in these other menus, It will not work at all on the home screen and will only scroll in the other menus. I can receive calls and texts still but cannot answer calls as my keypad only works every now and then. After looking through the posts I tried to update the OS using Blackbery Desktop Software. It successfully completed the software update, however now my phone is stuck on the terms and conditions page, which I can not scroll to the bottom of to accept. My phone did not get wet and I have tried pulling the battery out and letting it sit. The trackpad does work since it scrolls in other menus, so please do not say the trackpad is broken. Any ideas? Is anyone else having this problem? 

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Trackpad/Keypad issue.

Hello ashuhlee89,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community

The following article may help regarding the issue you are experiencing with the trackpad on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9360 smartphone:

Trackpad, trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29640

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Koksie
My Device: Curve 9360

I am experiencing similar problems on my Curve 9360. After rebooting (battery pull) the top of the homescreen (the row with the battery icon, clock, carrier, signalbar etc) is highlighted, as if the cursor is there and has selected that row. I am unable to scroll down from it. I can click the trackpad and then get to the menu where my wireless connections are listed. In that screen, I cannot scroll up or down. However: if I open the context menu by clicking the BB button, both on the homescreen and in the wireless connections screen, I am able to easily scroll up and down through the menu. Scrolling on the homescreen itself or in applications (like the wireless connections screen or when I select 'Options' in the context menu) is not possible. My conclusions from this is that it is not a hardware issue, since scrolling in the context menu works flawlessly. Since a battery pull also does not fix it, that seems to rule out a software issue. So, not that much causes left then:smileyhappy:. I have read article KB29640 you are refering to. Cause 1 is not the cause of my issue, since scrolling in the context menu is smooh and fast. Cause 2 I cannot verify because I cannot croll down in any screen except the context menu, so I cannot reach the 'Audible roll' option. Cause 3 seems unlikely, how can an OS version suddenly go out of date for the same hardware it came with? Furthermore, I don't want to get stuck at the terms and conditions screen like the first poster. Cause 4 is not it, in the menu the scrolling works fine. Do you have any suggestions how to fix this issue?
ishaanpakrasi
My Device: Curve 9680

I have had the same problem, and I have tried everything in the above column. My trackpad is not working anywhere except on the options menus that I can access by clicking on the blackberry button. I have tried to backup my phone but it is not working, and there is no software update. Please assist me immediately, I'm having a lot of problems.

derrickvdw
My Device: 9360

I am having a similar issue with a Curve (9360) and Bold (9900)... I support a wide range of BlackBerries for work. Intermittently, the trackpads will stop working vertically on almost any screen (messages, menu screens, etc).

The workaround I have found to temporarily resolve the issue is to move left and right; this will work and seems to allow the user to move vertically again. Since this seems to be a widespead issue, will different models and different OS versions, I believe it might be hardware issue, hopefully the next update will resolve the problems!

The Bold has the latest OS installed.

The Curve is one OS version behind. I've been trying to get the client in so I can update, but he's been busy.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, try moving left and right, then up and down again. It should work.

Here's what I'm having them try now:

Options -> Device -> Device and Status Information

On this screen, type in the word test

Press the BB Menu button, then select Start.

Click on Yes for all of the popups and de-select all the options except for Trackball (at the top). Click on Run.

Go through the testing and if the trackball isn't working properly, enter the reason during the test.

After this, try going to the following:

Options -> Typing and Language -> Trackpad Sensitivity

I would try playing with the vertical sensitivity, since this is where we are having an issue. Assuming it is at 70, move it up to 80, save and test this out. If you notice you continue to have issues with it, move it up to 90, etc.

Visitor
msangi
My Device: blackberry curve 9360

Hi I got blackberry curve 9360 and track pad is not working, I have try to reboot and up date as well but is still not working. The big problem I got for now is when I switch the phone on I can accept term and condition, there is any way I can use instead of trackpad to accept term and condition.

Visitor
Fartito
My Device: Bold 9650

Hey,

Researched this issue and my phone too is stuck on the Accept Terms of Use screen. I cannot scroll and neither is there a shortcut to say "Accept". Did you manage to get a solution without replacing parts?
New Contributor
Koksie

In the end I noticed that my keyboardletter 'a' was stuck. I found this out because I somehow managed to scroll down 1 step from the top bar and my BB automatically typed 'aaaaaaaaaa' and started the searchbar. I found out that dirt had piled up under my 'a' key and trackpad. I cleaned them with a pin and a small needle and since then my trackpad has been working flawlessly. Apparently I could not scroll in the homescreen because the 'a' key was constantly pressed and that seems to override the trackpad scrolling. Once in a context menu, scrolling with the trackpad overrides other keypresses so scrolling was possible there. I hope you guys have the same problem, since it is easy to fix, but I am afraid that it is not really helpfull for other issues.
Visitor
bujarasllani

I have the same problem. I've updated BB OS from 7.0 to 7.1 also downgradet too. And......... still not working. The trackpad is not broken because it scrolls horizontaly and vertically but it doesn scroll the screen up and down nor menu. I've pulled the battery out and let the phone stay for 3 days no change same problem tried reseting to factory settings, wiping the device, doing a clean OS install. Still the same. I'm still hopping that Blackberry will send a small update to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance.