Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BB8520

Re: Trackpad freezes BB 8520

Well i have same problem i have given it for repair 2 times at service center still the same problem, i wonder if they have a solution for it.

My Device: blackberry curve 8520

ive had the same problem for months  and now it doesn't matter what i do it don't help i must say its the worse phone ive ever had and ive had a few can't wait to get a new one and it definitely wont be a blackberry 

My Device: Curve 8520

I have the same problem. I have had my blackberry curve 8520 for a few months now and often the trackpad will stop working. I can click and select things but am unable to move in any direction. I have found that a quick way to solve it until the next time it freezez is to hold down the play/mute button until it goes into standby mode and then click it again to turn it back on. Nothing has to be closed and the trackpad works again - Until the next time when it freezez. I would really like a more longterm solution to the problem and from what people have been saying, sending it to repairs doesnt do anything. Maybe this is one of their marketing things to make more money :/ ?? xx

My Device: the glitchy 8520

[ Edited ]

first things first - happy new year to you guys.

I wanted to ask a question- probably a stupid one
but does my gurantee void if i decide to go on an adventure and open
this thing up.

I dont think its worth giving it to them idiots at the shop,
they will only give it a massage, feel up my phone
and place it back in my hands- for it to freeze up
within a few days.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Its a handset problem.  You require/need a new handset to fix it.  I've heard all kinds of ideas of what's wrong and what you can do to make it work but the few I've tried never worked.  I certainly wouldn't open up the phone yourself as that would void the warranty immediately.

Pull what strings you can, moan & complain enough and you will get a new handset eventually.

My Device: the glitchy 8520

balacau- loving that reply,
ill play around with it if not
hand it over its best to somehow get
a fresh one and sell it on and pay a few more moneys
get a little upgrade without these lame glitches/faults.

thanks for the reply much appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Glad to help.

Best of luck getting it sorted :smileyhappy:

My Device: Not Specified

my trackpad started to freeze 2 days ago, i tried battery pull and removing sim card, which fixed it for a few minutes.. but now it does the same. gonna remove the metal plate and try cleaning it, i will tell you if it helped.

My Device: BB curve 8520

Has anyone found a solution to the tracking ball issue? Mine is completely froze and does not work at all..I am very frustrated with this phone, I purchased it a year ago and it has been messing up for the last 6 months. My old one with the actual ball never did this and that poor phone took abuse but, never any issues and I had it for like 4 years.......if anyone knows of a solution I would love to hear it!

My Device: BlackBerry Curve - 8520

Thanks for all the advice...this thing has been driving me crazy!!!

My husband is convinced I am just to harsh with my phones but this one I have been quite kind too.

Got it in June '10 and the freezing started a few weeks ago and it happens quite frequently.

I took the SIM card out, blew air in it and pushed down on the metal part so hopefully this will help at least for the short-term.  This is my 3rd BlackBerry in the past year! (Granted one was my fault as it went for a swim).  I'm loyal but I can't keep forking out money like this.  In 3.5yrs or so I've had 7 BlackBerry's and it was my fault only  once! It's ridiculous!