Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Trackpad freezes BB 8520

My first phone did it, now the "refurbished" one has started. I waited nearly 7 weeks for a replacemet the first time. Not amused!
New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: O2

Hi I was havin same trouble if you take the battery out there is some kind of metal plate press that out a few times gently then rub the track pad with newspaper ....sounds crazy but a user told me I did it and it worked
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Tracked freezes BB 8520

Hi there.

I have found a quick and simple way to fix this problem..I tried it out on my curve 8520 and its working properly.Remove the back cover and the battery..Then remove the Sim card.After that there will be small grey area which you will notice is directly behind your trackpad.Push that (make sure you don't break it).. And then reboot the phone and it should work..

hope I could help.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I tore off a piece of a thin frozen food box I(ie: pizza) the size of my battery and inserted it between the cover and the battery, that was a couple of weeks ago and no issues since.....
My Carrier: o2

This has been happening to my Curve 8520 for about 6 months on and off.  I've been getting around it by leaving the battery out for at least 5mins.  In the last few days its got worse so i've had a read at all your suggestions.

I removed the battery and pushed down on the metal plate directly behind the trackpad, it clicked and i was worried that i had pushed to hard, but the phone booted up and is working ok at the moment.  I will update this in a month to let you know the problem is fixed or if it freezes again before then i'll update straight away.

New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

I am facing the same issue of trackpad freezing after 1 month. This is surely a Hardware issue which the company like Blackberry is brushing under the carpet. All the users are more or less experiencing the same error in using trackpad. Its annoying to take out battery and sim frequently. Is this some Chinese mobile ?! The after sale service centre are doing there best to please the company with lip service or formality of "repairing" a device which they are sure cannot be done. They just want to make us believe that the problem is in YOUR blackberry only ! Are people foolish to accept this illogical explanation at time when things are click away to search with google. Blackberry !! Give it a thought and try to resolve this irritating issue before things go out of hand as it happened with iphone antenna.

(P.S: Money holds the same value for everyone). 

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: etisalat

just removing the sim and restarting the phone, then removing the battery and replaceing the sim and restarting fixed my curve 9300 lets just see for how long

New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

luke83 wrote:

just removing the sim and restarting the phone, then removing the battery and replaceing the sim and restarting fixed my curve 9300 lets just see for how long

I did the same. But  after a long voice call it freezes again. Moreover, just imagine, its so scary, if there is some kind of emergency and this track pad freezes, who shall we hold responsible for this technical issue. Blackberry is doing nothing to resolve it. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I tried all kinds of other suggestions, what I ended up doing was tearing a piece off of a thin frozen food box the size of the battery and inserting it between the battery and the back cover.  This added the pressure that I needed to have on the silver plate that connects the wiring to the trackpad.  It has been well over month now and not one issue.  Really suggest trying this to see if it works.

My Carrier: o2

So this hasnt worked because its freezing, it has been slightly better since i put a thin strip of cardboard inbetween the battery and the case.