Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Re: Trackpad not working

Found this purely by mistake after searching the net for a way to fix my trackpad tonight. It was so simple! Thanks, works like it is brand new again Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520,Blackberry Bold 9000,Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile,Vodafone

I've had the same issue i am unable to unlock my Blackberry curve 8520 because my trackpad and keyboard wont work any suggestions ??

My Carrier: O2

Follow the steps (from post #4) for the trackpad: You will need to take the back off your phone and remove battery and sim card Under the sim card is a metal plate. On there is a sticky piece of paper. Remove that with tweezers Using a t5 screwdriver (it's a really small one) tighten the screw Put battery bk in and allow it to load as normal. This really worked for me...my trackpad is working better than it has since I got it! If this has been useful........click the like button!
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: fido

I have a 9300. Can someone post a picture of where exactly this screw is, I can't seem to find it...

Cheers and kind regards

New Contributor

I found them, they are on each side of the Blackberry, and they are T6 not t5... Seems to be working fine... For now anyway. A good way to check if it is just a loose screw is by shaking the phone. If the trackpad starts working again after a good shake all you'll need is a quick tightening.

New Contributor

And trackpad not working again after less then 24hrs. WTF could be the problem?

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

I also have a 9330 and the inside is different than what is being described here. Have you found a fix for the trackpad not working? Mine randomly goes in and out - works for a few hours and then quits again for about a week. I have found other ways to get around a little, but cannot use the phone for what it is designed for! And my daily alarm goes off and I cannot "dismiss", only "snooze" every 5 minutes. I have to take the battery out for about an hour to get it to foget about the alarm.

Visitor
My Carrier: Orange

Can anyone help?? I have a blackberry curve 8520 and the trackpad has stopped scrolling, I can stil click on things but it's not scrolling! :/ Iv updated the software to the latest version, Iv taken the metal rectangular plate off and replaced the trackpad twice for new ones and Iv always made sure the small screw is tight!, but it's still not working!! Any HELP?? :/ Thanks
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: rogers

NOTHING WORKS

so a couple weeks ago my curve 9300 froze. As in none of the buttons worked, and once the screen goes black after a few seconds, it won't come back up because it will not acknowledge anything. I sent it into tech support the day after and I just got it bak "fixed" today. At first it worked fine, but then the trackpad would start freezing, and then the center button wouldn't work so I would have to use the enter key. And then the keys wouldn't get read in the screen as well as there being something wrong with the alt button. 5 minutess later it froze again and nothing worked.

It's so annoying that I waited almost 2 weeks for my phone to get fixed and I get it back in the same condition without mention of recieving a new one. Does anyone know of anything that would help or is this phone a lost cause?

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe

what does "e net.rim.udp -tnlf 0" means?

cause everytime the trackpad of my Blackberry Curve 9300 isn't working (when the backlight dies), that appears in the log.