Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
xoxsmeexox
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Trackpad on my Curve 9300 broken for the 5th time, 2nd phone. HELP!

The trackpad on my curve 9300 keeps breaking. I cannot click or scroll at all. Normally, it's not too bad with a few attempts of taking the battery out then putting it back in, but last night, the screen went white - again - so I took the battery out and it said I had no battery though I had at least 40% on there. When I put the battery back in, and the phone began loading, the menu thing came up. I tried to click, 'unlock' and nothing happened. Seconds later, the screen went black as if the phone doesn't recognize my trackpad anymore. I am sick and tired of having a phone that doesn't work! I wouldn't be as mad if it was the first time, but the thing is, it's happened before and every time I go to the phone shop, they say 'oh, it's not our fault, we'll send it off for repair' and when I eventually get it back (2 weeks later) it works for 4 weeks, and I send it off again. I have sent the [hone of 4 times for 'repair' and each time, it takes 2 weeks; that's 8 weeks, or 2 months that I still have to pay 25 pounds in my contract for a phone that doesn't even work. That's 50 pounds wasted on the worst phone available. I got my current phone back in September (after fighting with my phone provider) and it broke in February. I have coped with it for 4 months and I'm sick of it now. How do I fix the trackpad? I can tell you for nothing, I will NEVER get a blackberry again and I make it my job to make sure none of my friends do.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Trackpad on my Curve 9300 broken for the 5th time, 2nd phone. HELP!

I don't know why you have not demanded a fully new and warranted working device.

You should not put up with such sloppy customer care from Vodafone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xoxsmeexox

Tell me about it! I have demanded a new phone but their policy is, 'We send it off 3 times for 'repair' and only if it breaks again will be replace it' which isn't true as they have sent mine of 4 times before they finally replaced it. I went back to them this morning, and they have again sent the phone off for 'repair'. I wouldn't mind AS MUCH if they actually repaired it, but they don't, and I'm back in the bloomin shop 3 weeks later with the same problem. Fed up with blackberry. :No:

Please use plain text.
JSanders

xoxsmeexox wrote:

Fed up with blackberry. :No:

I don't blame Ford if my local Hess gas station gives me bad service.

In this case, you need to DEMAND that Vodafone escalate your issue up to RIM level tech support. That's the way to talk with RIM and get some real help. Because Vodafone is a bunch of poopheads, don't blame RIM or BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xoxsmeexox

But how can you say that it is Vodafone's fault? Yes, their customer service isn't particulary good but Blackberry and RIM create the phone, vodafone just supply it to me, therefore, I fail to see how it is not Blackberry's fault. If they took the time and effort to create the phone, then I wouldn't feel the need to go to Vodafone and complain. No, I blame Blackberry entirely.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are free to blame whoever you like. However, you have absolutely no contract with RIM. 100% of your contract is with Vodafone. Hence, under contract law, that's where your issue is to be resolved. They have the power to seek additional support from RIM (they have a contract with RIM, but you do not!), but you do not have the right (per your contract) to seek any "free" support direct from RIM...only via escalation from Vodafone do you receive anything from RIM. And that includes warranty issues. All things are handled between the parties to the contract...and your contract is with Vodafone. Regardless of who might be at fault, they are your sole source of remedy.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xoxsmeexox

Yes, I agree that Vodafone have the responsibility to change the phone as they are the provider yes, BUT if the phone was made properly in the first place - by Blackberry - I would have no need to complain. I reason of the breakage is down to Blackberry, the fact my phone won't be changed is down to Vodafone. I partly see where you are coming from, but it is not Vodafone's primary fault that the phone is faulty.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You know what, blame RIM.

Good day!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

xoxsmeexox wrote:

Yes, I agree that Vodafone have the responsibility to change the phone as they are the provider yes, BUT if the phone was made properly in the first place - by Blackberry - I would have no need to complain. I reason of the breakage is down to Blackberry, the fact my phone won't be changed is down to Vodafone. I partly see where you are coming from, but it is not Vodafone's primary fault that the phone is faulty.

I do not disagree. But, no one at this internet distance can possibly determine IF the BB is even faulty or not. Only a qualified hardware technician with the device in hand can possibly make any such determination. And, per your contract, your only "free" source for that technician is via Vodafone (who may indeed have to escalate into RIM). As an authorized carrier/reseller of BB's, they have actually signed up to provide you with ALL of your services and support. It's their job, regardless of where the original fault lies.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
victoria3954
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Smart Telecom

I got 2 curve 9300 and same problem. BB sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.