Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

HaydenMcG
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Trackpad only working when alt or shift is held

Hi, yesterday as I was using my blackberry curve 9360 my trackpad suddenly stopped working. I later realised it would still work if I held in alt or shift but had to let go to click on something using the trackpad, the trackpad works as normal in some menus but in others it does not. I recently seen online that it may have something to do with the sym key being stuck or faulty but I have taken the phone apart and found no faults. I have also tried rebooting the phone many times to fix the problem but without any luck. Also it is not a result as water damage. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Trackpad only working when alt or shift is held

Hello HaydenMcG,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following article may help regarding the issue you are experiencing with the trackpad on your BlackBerry smartphone:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29640

If this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Runel
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Runel

Re: Trackpad only working when alt or shift is held

i have the same exact problem and have not found a soloution but i have a 9320. hate blackberrys mine is under 1 years old and its given me so many problems. i do not recommend a blackberry to anyone!!!!

Please use plain text.