Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

clewis77
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Transfer password keeper to Android

I am switching from Blackberry to Android.  Can anyone tell me how to transfer my Password Keeper to my new android phone?  I have all of my data backed up on Blackberry Desktop manager, but I don't know if the .ipd file will transfer to Droid.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transfer password keeper to Android

You can't, directly.

You can do a backup of your device and then use MagicBerry by MenaStep on your PC (free) to extract that data from the IPD file to a CSV database, from at THAT point, you're gonna need some help from Droid on how to import it.

I don't even know if Droid has a sister app to Password Keeper. But anyway, that's how you get the data from the BlackBerry backup file. How you get it INTO the Droid is beyond me. Why don't you call your Verizon tech support and ask them that?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
risky55
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

This approach cant be used because the data from Password Keeper is encrypted in the bbb backup file.  Magicberry certainly gives you access to the data, but its mumbo jumbo and thus useless.

The only means I can find of getting Password Keeper data into some other ap (on BB or Droid) is to reenter manually directly into the ap, or key manually into Excel and import into the other ap if it supports imports (like Keeper from Callpod).

Unless there's another way that any body knows???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
risky55
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Sorry .. another stumbling block to this approach, Magicberry doesn't support export (to CSV file) of Password Keeper data.  At best, you would need to do a lot of cutting and pasting, entry by entry

Please use plain text.