Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Transferring media files to computer

Your bb can be seen in the BB Desktop Manager but not in the Windows Explorer. It is not a USB driver problem.

from your blackberry, can you go to the Device Options >> Media Card >> Mass Storage Mode Support
it must be set to "On".
On the following line, "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected", I like to set it to "Prompt".

Then save the changes, close the Desktop Manager on your PC, and plug your Blackberry again. You will be prompted on your Blackberry "connect as Mass Storage ?".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
dano2
My Device: Not Specified

The drive can be seen in windows explorer, but it cannot be opened. Mass Storage Mode Support is "On" and set to "prompt". I tried in and out of mass storage mode and the results were the same. I connected BB to a different computer. Windows detected/installed the BB software. But the result was the same - could see the removable drive in Windows Explorer but couldn't access anything.
Guru I
Xandrex

dano2 wrote:
The drive can be seen in windows explorer, but it cannot be opened. Mass Storage Mode Support is "On" and set to "prompt". I tried in and out of mass storage mode and the results were the same. I connected BB to a different computer. Windows detected/installed the BB software.

not good. It didn't work when I did that, so I downloaded the USB drivers on the blackberry.com website. They are located in a place called "Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.5" and not in the place called "USB Drivers" if you want it in english.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Well, I can see we're not going to solve this tune in three notes or less! :smileyhappy:

When you open your Desktop software an icon appears in your systray on the PC, it is BBdevMgr.exe. It manages the connection between the pc and BB. When you close the Desktop Software the DEVmgr stays open until you either kill the process or restart the PC. I have had it happen several times that this DEVMGR got in the way of my connection to the BB even in drop and drag mode. I had to kill the process in Task manager, and then retry.

I will search the forums some more for more info on this. Right now I'm stumped. I'd say it might be a bad card, but the BB saw the card and files. Try the suggestion on BBdevMgr. Either I can find something in the forums, or one of the REALLY smart guys can help us!

Let me know.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
dano2

Xandrex,

From the blackberry.com - This is what I've been trying to use from the beginning.

Desktop Manager 4.5.0 B16 Multilanguage - Without Media Manager

• File name: 450_b016_multilanguage_nomediamanager.exe
  • File size: 93.67067 MB
  • Date posted: 20-Jun-08

As you said, once connected, when I open Desktop Manager, it creates two processes, RIMDeviceManager.exe and BbDevMgr.exe. When I close it, both processes remain. I kill 'em . Reconnect. Same results. I'm going to take this into the sprint shop to see if they can do it in person.

Thanks

Dan

Guru I
Xandrex

[ Edited ]

That is absolutely NOT what I am talking about. I'm talking about the USB driversthat are located the same page as the one you are talking to. I am NOT talking about Desktop Manager at all.

BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.5 B13)

• File name: BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.5 B13).msi
  • File size: 12.33545 MB
  • Date posted: 24-June-07

Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-06-2008 12:46 AM

Contributor
singersplace

Re: Re: Transferring media files to computer

Hey you guys; I've been following this thread, but the original question hasn't been answered' and I'm having the same problem. When I try to install Desktop Manager, it just hangs at the Roxio install point, and so I am unable to complete the install.
Guru I
Xandrex

Re: Re: Transferring media files to computer

singersplace wrote:
Hey you guys; I've been following this thread, but the original question hasn't been answered' and I'm having the same problem. When I try to install Desktop Manager, it just hangs at the Roxio install point, and so I am unable to complete the install.

well, I am answering the second part of the initial post... Desktop Manager doesn't help you moving files.

Concerning Desktop Manager, if you can't install DM+Roxio, well just try and install "DM without Media Manager". You won't be bothered by the "Roxio not installing" thing.

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Dano2, make sure you get another media card in case this one is flaky (technical term) :smileyhappy:
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

Hi! Can you please confirm the following -

1. The memory card that you're using is accessible through your other PC or mobile phone

2. Go to options -> Media Card ->

Media Card Support: On

Encryption Mode: None

Mass Storage Mode Support: On

Auto Enable Mass Stprage Mode When Connected: Yes

If settings are not same as mentioned in point 2 then bring required changes and check the behavior.

Message Edited by tanzim on 08-06-2008 10:48 AM

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit