Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mancalahour
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Tried to sync BB notes to Mac -- where did they go?!

Hi! I'm in desperate need of help. I just got a new BlackBerry but I wanted to get the notes out of my old Curve 8520. I downloaded BlackBerry Desktop to my MacBook Pro (which is running on OS X 10.7.5) and hooked my BlackBerry to my laptop, then went into Notes, clicked on sync notes (Sync Account: Apple Mail Notes). Now my notes are no longer on my BB, and I can't find them anywhere on my Mac -- they're not in my Apple Mail's notes! Does anyone know where they could possibly be or how I could find them on my computer? I really need them! I don't have Outlook or anything else on my computer, and at the time that I synced, I wasn't using Apple Mail at all and didn't have it set up. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Tried to sync BB notes to Mac -- where did they go?!

Hi,

Check the below knowledge base articles -

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB19148 How to synchronize organizer data in Microsoft Office for Mac between the BlackBerry smartphone and a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB29359 BlackBerry Desktop software closes unexpectedly during synchronization of organizer data

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
mancalahour
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Tried to sync BB notes to Mac -- where did they go?!

But the trouble is I already performed the sync, which admittedly I shouldn't have done without making sure I knew where the files were going to go first. I have performed the sync, the notes are now gone from my BB (presumably they've gone somewhere into my laptop), but I don't have Outlook on my computer, and the notes didn't go into Apple Mail. I don't even have Microsoft Office on my computer. Does anyone know where the notes might have gone, in what file they might be saved, on my Mac?

Please use plain text.