Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Trouble using wifi w/Curve and no data plan

I haven't seen this exact scenario yet on the forum, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Here's the situation: BB 8320 Curve, T-Mobile, no data plan (except $10/mo email).

I cannot open any webpages using the browser if I type in a URL (using Browser-->Go To). The only time I can get sites to open is when I use my Bookmark Manager, and only a couple of those reliably open without error (one of which is my home page).  Most bookmarked sites also give me an error message and do not open.

This is the case every time I try to use the wifi, and I have tested this in a number of reliable wifi zones.

I have changed my default browser config to Wi-Fi Browser, per the previous suggestions. T-Mobile said I wasn't eligible for the Feature Enabler since I have their email plan (?).

Any thoughts?? Why can I only open a few bookmarked pages, and not many of those as it is??  I have tried asking T-Mobile, but they are completely useless, and the whole reason I bought the Curve 8320 was because it had wifi.