Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rieakira
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Maxis

Troubles with Curve 9300

hi

i owned a blackberry curve 9300 3G about a year+...for the past few months, problem keeps occuring one after another.. first, my trackpad keeps going up everytime i scroll or try to type something <-- basically it doesnt give me much problem to continue to probe

the 2nd problem is when my BB phone cant read the micro SD <-- i remove the micro SD and try to re-formatted the card..i inserted a new mirco SD to the phone..the issue seems to resolve.

now, my bb phone keeps turning off on its own especially during the application being loaded or if i left the phone untouched for a few hours, the phone only stays on if only i attached it to the charger. i tried to find solution like pulling out the battery, checking the battery to see if its damage or bloated and wiping my device. nothing works, since the battery is slightly bloated, i opted to change the battery and bought a new one..however, with the new battery, the phone wont load, and it only give me "the battery icon with a huge red cross "X"" through it..i tried plugging to the charger n leave for couple of hours, still not working. i change to the old battery back, and the phone is switch on, but this time, it keeps on shutting down still and the micro SD that occurs before happens again!

I'm lost, please help!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Troubles with Curve 9300

Hello rieakira

Welcom to the forum.

1• DO NOT put your old battery back in your phone. Its bloated and has probably caused the issues you are facing.

2• Your new battery when placed a RED X on the screen is normal because there is little or no charge in the battery, this can occur and especially in the case of a new battery.

Some Steps to follow to jumpstart the new battery: (your new batt is not responding well in my opinion due to the old bloated disrupting the power management system of the phone)

• Remove which ever battery is in the phone now.

• Plug your charger to the phone and now insert the NEW battery into the phone.

• Leave the battery in their for 8 hrs. (Since its new).

• Every 2-3 hrs remove the battery and replace it but leave the charger plugged in.

NB: although said 8hrs in some case a blackberry taken for dead was revived after 3 days later. Hopefully this not the case.

As for your other issues experienced on your I think should be addressed after the new battery has been charged and booted up the phone. Maybe some of those other issues will be resolved by the new battery.

Thank you.....please report back after trying the above fix.

F0x
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rieakira

i did follows the instructions..however it took about a week for the phone to actually shows some difference..

1)whenever i pulled off the battery from the phone (still plugged to charger), the LED turns red before the huge RED X appear..

2) when i put the battery back in, into the phone, the LED turns red before the battery icon shows up with the lightning through it..i assume that is the charging icon BUT after a few second, the huge RED X is back on screen (i even leave it for a few days before repeating the solution u address previously)...and the phone obviously are not charging and i still cant use my phone till now..
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Remove sd card from device then charge. Sd card known to cause this issue. Do not replace until after you have formatted the card via pc, and do full format not quick format. Before you format you can save what's on the card somewhere on your pc. Then do a full format now place the card in the phone and format again using the phone's format option. Now hook up the phone via usb cable to the pc and restore your files you saved previously on the pc.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rieakira

Hi...for your information...i already remove the sd card previously...i havent put in the sd card back into the phone though i have already hv it being full formatted via my pc.. The question is..how am i suppose to format the sd card using the phone's format option when i cant even turn on my phone? Am already at lost..
Please use plain text.