Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Chynare
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Trying to transfer pics from bb device mem to pc using bb as storage device but unable..please help

I read the threads on this as well as the link that a forum helper suggested. I don't have a media card yet so the pictures are just in device memory. I plugged the bb into my pc with the usb and it comes up as removable disk I in my computer and will recharge so I know it's definitely being located by my pc. However, when I click on removal disk I, it says 'please insert a disk into drive I'. 

I then attempted to follow what another user did, using desktop manager and media manager to get my photos. 

When Roxio opens and I click on 'pictures', I get a top/bottom split screen not a left right as some users have described.

The top pane called "my media" has nothing and the message says, 'this view produced no results'.

The bottom pane called "my devices" shows all my pictures.

How do I get these off my bb and onto my pc? In options media card I have media support on, encryption none, mass storage on...all as required, even though I don't have a media card...just in case that did something to help, which it did not.

I need advice please. I will be able to get a media card in the next few weeks and then hopefully things will work better.

Thanks,
Chyn 

Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Trying to transfer pics from bb device mem to pc using bb as storage device but unable..please h

Welcome to the forums Chynare :smileyhappy:

What you are attempting to do doesn't work on the BB Curve. Without a media card the phone's internal drive won't show up as a storage drive on your computer. You can still use Roxio to transfer those files however. If you can see the pictures through Roxio Media Manager, right click the pictures you want to transfer, select "copy". Open up the folder on your computer where you would like to transfer them, right click in the folder and "paste".

That should work.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Contributor
Chynare

Re: Trying to transfer pics from bb device mem to pc using bb as storage device but unable..please h

I tried that also. I get a message that says, 'Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk', when I try to paste a picture.
Contributor
Chynare

Does anyone have any other suggestions please?
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Take a look at this tutorial on using the media manager: http://demos.blackberry.com/mediamanager/na/us/gen/

In the top left, there is a menu under which you can select "connecting and transferring files". It should be helpful in showing you how to do that.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Contributor
Chynare

YES! Kijana you are awesome! Thanks so much.That is exactly what I needed! Yayyyyyy!
PeterAnthony
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

I have a similar problem and none of this seems to be working. I have a blackberry curve 9300 platform version 6.3.0.39 and application version 5.0.0.846 (bundle 1440).  The pictures I take with my blackberry automatically go into device memory and I can't seem to move them to any other folder.

When I connect to the laptop it shows a bunch of folders including one for pictures that are all empty.  I cannot access device memory from the laptop.

How do I bridge the gap between device memory and something I can read on the PC????

Thanks

Peter