05-22-2010 01:40 PM
I'm trying to update my device software.
There is new software that's available for my BB 8900
but my wireless provider has the older version v18.104.22.168
I've tried to download from the BB website but fails to do so.
Has anybody updated their curve 8900????
05-22-2010 05:44 PM
05-22-2010 06:55 PM
On BB website there is v 5.0 available
I want to update my device to that version but website doesn't allow me to update
When I clik on "Update Today"
It takes me from "overview" to "update"
but there is no button for me to download it to my desktop manager to update my device
the new update is compatable with my device but I can't update it
05-22-2010 11:21 PM
I know exactly what you mean... You plug your phone into the computer thinking that v5.0 will automatically download but then it says that v22.214.171.124 is the (current) operating system and you can only downgrade (to v4.5), with no option to upgrade, right? I think its because the software is only for the Storm series and the Bold series, as friends of mine have them, and they were able to upgrade. So I guess us Curve, Tour, and Pearl users have to wait until our software comes out...But my question is when?
05-23-2010 01:37 PM
If you look at the compatability of the new updated version curve, bold and storm are on the list
my friend who has bold does have the updated version and he is the one that told me about the new update
06-01-2010 04:29 AM
This is what need to do -
1. Check the available software is specifically designed for your device or not
2. If it's for your device, then check is it released for your carrier or not
3. If it's for your carrier, then download and install in your PC and use Desktop Manager to load the new device OS in your 8900
4. If it's not released for your carrier, after installation look for vendor.xml file from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
5. Connect your device and install the new OS via desktop manager.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit