Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Toni-Leigh
My Device: Curve

Turn radio off

I want to turn the radio OFF on my BlackBerry...how do I do it?  All my settings shows that WIFI, etc is turned off.  I don't know what to do anymore!!! Help needed please....

Elite II
prince2012

Re: Turn radio off

Toni-Leigh wrote:

I want to turn the radio OFF on my BlackBerry...how do I do it? 

Hi Toni

Welcome to Support Forums

On your device Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Uncheck or Unmark  " Mobile Network "  it will turn off the radio . But why do you want to turn it off ! If you turn it off you won't be able to make or recieve Call and Text messages .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Toni-Leigh

Hey

Thanks for replying!

I never used to have this "problem" but now I get an error that says "battery too low for radio use" (even though my battery is almost full) and I my network goes off...as soon as I turn on my network then the battery is empty! Can it be a battery problem?

It's only been happening for the last month.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Toni

Which Curve model you have and how old is your BlackBerry !

If its a new one and you're getting this message even when your Battery is full , then the problem may be with On device battery meter , in that situation you can reload to OS to rule out any software issue . Or if you can manage or barrow a BlackBerry Battery from anyone then try it on your BlackBerry , it will let you if the problem is with the battery or the device itself . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Toni-Leigh

I'm not sure about the Curve model. I got it last year August. It's a company phone...I told my IT dept about it today, they said they will charge a new battery for me to see if it will make a difference.

Reading now what you say, I think it might be the battery that is faulty. I will put the new battery in on Thursday when I'm back at work and see if it will make a difference.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Really appreciate it!!
Elite II
prince2012

You are welcome Toni .

If its a Company phone then yes you ask your IT dept and get your device Battery replaced , it may fix your issue .

Good luck .

New Contributor
Toni-Leigh

Thank you...I need all the luck with the IT dept!! Lol

I feel better now knowing it might not be a major issue!

Thanks again!
Ciao