Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Twitter app - 'The request is understood, but it has been refused'

Ditto! I just have 2.0.0.16 version in App world. No higher version available
New Contributor

I don't have the options like you. My situation is same as Roystalin55! It's been 3 days without twitter and no support from BlackBerry at all! Disappointed
New Contributor

Precarious situation! I don't see version 4.4xxxxx in app world neither does it allow to delete the existing version 2.0.0.26. Any other way where I can delete and re install twitter app? Thanks in advance
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Ok, so I'm on day two now with the 4.4.0.11 version ( For those not aware, I had to download this version because the previous version was giving me the same error message).  So far today no problems.  I'm not sure why this version does not show up in app world for others though?

New Contributor

I was able to delete the 2.0..0.16 version through desktop s/w. But still not able to find version 4.4xxxx. Do you think my OS is not able to get the new version? My OS is v4.6.1.314
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

If I remember right (it was late night and I was a bit frustrated!) I tried the 'right click the phone twitter icon'  method outlined above by someone, tried to update twitter that way, failed, decided to plug in to the desktop stuff, updated all the various phone bits and pieces it offered me, went to the applications list on the desktop, found twitter listed, established it wasn't working at all on the phone though, took the phone apart and put it back together to reboot it, discovered that the twitter icon had now disappeared completely (presumably the failed download had uninstalled it), went to the app store via the phone, had to reset my blackberry id to be allowed in, did all that via the website, got into the app store, downloaded twitter as if I'd never had it before, rebooted again, signed in to twitter on the phone, and it has been working fine since.  The version it offers me on App World is 4.2.0.10, I've just checked.  Not seen a 4.4. ... version anywhere.

Good luck with you own personal telecommunications odyssey!

New Contributor

My bad! its 4.2 one which mistakenly typed as 4.4xxx. Could you tell me your OS version?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I've found the solution!

Basically all that was required was a lot of updates. I had to update my Blackberry completely.

I connected my Blackberry to my computer via the USB cable that came included. I downloaded 'Blackberry Desktop Software' (I think I must have deleted it from my computer before), and opened the program with my Blackberry connected. I was then prompted to do the latest software update, which I did.

After this, I disconnected from my computer and loaded up my Blackberry (which had changed quite a lot following the update). I noticed that Blackberry App World was no longer installed on the device, so I went on the internet browser (on the Blackberry itself), and downloaded it again. This was the latest version of Blackberry App World.

I then loaded up Blackberry App World and located the Twitter app. Before doing this however, I ensured that Twitter had been deleted from my device (I think the new software update deleted it anyway?). Ensuring that Twitter was deleted, I then download the latest Twitter from the App World. Following that and a restart of my Blackberry device, I am now relieved to say that Twitter is working fine again (and is a new, smarter version, with the previous little issues I was having completely gone).

I'd advise that you all try this if you are still having the 'The request is understood, but it has been refused' issue. Although my Blackberry has changed quite a lot since doing the update (which I am growing to like more and more now), I'll take that if it means I can use Twitter again.

Hope this helps. Smiley Very Happy

Please ensure that you select this message as the 'Solution' if this helps you we can help other people find this fix if they are having a similar issue.

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATM

Hello
Lucky you I just try to do the same but it doesn't work
Do I have to update all Blackberry App World and so do I have to delete it before downloading the current/latest version?
thanks for hour help can't stand longer without twitter :-(
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

Thanks Olimiles. I tried and it worked! Much appreciated.