Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

Two Questions Regarding BlackBerry Curve 8310

Don't know if anyone can help, but I'm stumped. 

The first question has to do with the Messages folder.  I want my e-mails to show up ONLY in the e-mail folders.  I don't want the Messages folder to include e-mails (hence don't want to be notified everytime I get a new e-mail).  Is this possible?  I tried going to the Messaging Options and splitting the SMS and Email Inboxes, but then whenever I go to the Messages folder from the main screen it only shows e-mail messages (I have to hit the menu button and select SMS inbox to see SMS messages).  I don't want e-mails in the Messages folder period.  Is this possible?

Second question has to do with deleting multiple messages.  As of right now I have to delete messages one at a time.  Is there a way to select multiple messages to delete?

And what does 'reconciliation' mean (guess I have three questions)? 

Thank you for your help! 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Two Questions Regarding BlackBerry Curve 8310

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I found this post regarding your request to separate emails and sms:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8100&message.id=2040&query.id=17017#M...

This was found by using the advance search at the top of the page.

As for deleting multiple messages Position your curser on the say the top of the emails you want to delete

Press left shift key and move trackball down( you will see messages change color. When you get to the last one you want to delete hit menu and select delete messages. You can also go to the day bar for example Wed, Aug 6, 2008

hit menu and select option delete prior. This will delete all messages prior to the date selected.

Please let me know if this answers your questions, or need anymore help.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Separating them still doesn't affect the alert when a new message comes in.  I did find a cool way to split them up though; assign SMS to the button on the left or right side of your phone.  It'll go straight to the SMS messages without having to hit the menu button or pressing alt/a/s.  I guess what I really wanted was to have alerts come in only when I get an SMS and not an e-mail, still no answer for that one.  Thanks for your help though!
Guru I

You hadn't mentioned alerts in you first post, and if you did I missed it.

Did the delete messages tip work for you?

If you have resolved the issue, could you mark it resolved? That way other users can find their solutions much quicker.

Thanks very much

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Delete messages tip worked (thank you very much for that), but that only answered half my problem.  Still don't know how to have a folder on my main screen for just SMS messages (there are folders for the E-Mail accounts, why do they need to go into my Messages folder?).  And more importantly, how to separate alerts between SMS and E-Mail so that I can shut one off and not the other?  When these questions are resolved I will gladly click the 'Resolved' button.  :smileyhappy:
Guru I

The link didn't work for you?

I thought when you assigned the smart key you had solved your problem, that why I asked about resolved, Sorry!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 & Bold

For first question this may do what you want, (this will stop the notification for email and SMS but your SMS icon will still have the 'red cog wheel' when you get a new SMS).

First, separate you SMS and Email Inboxes:

1. Go to Messages (Inbox)

2. Press Option key

3. Press the 'O' key and then the trackball

4. Press the trackball to go to General Options

5. Scroll to Display New Message Indicator, press the trackball, scroll to No and press the trackball

6. Scroll to SMS and Email Inboxes, press the trackball, scroll to Separate and press the trackball

7. Press the Escape key (right of trackball), scroll to Save and press the track ball

8. Press the Escape key to return to the desktop

This will display the Message icon as well as a new SMS and MMS Inbox.

Now move to the Message icon, press the Option key and scroll to Hide and press the track ball.  Now the only icon you will have is the SMS and MMS Inbox and it will have a red cog wheel whenever you have a new SMS or MMS.  Not exactly what you want but a possible work around.  Unfortunately the new message indicator is for email, SMS and MMS with no way to separate.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor

mwf588, thank you for your help.  The SMS folder was actually under "Applications" I found it and moved it to my main screen.  I think I'm all good now, thank you!