Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
SedonaBob

Two questions from a newbie who knows nothing

I have set up my 8330 to receive forwarded emails from my cox.net email account.  However, while on my home computer the spam emails do not get to my inbox, they are immediately put into the junk folder, these spam emails are forwarded to my BlackBerry.  Question (1): Is there anyway to only receive the emails that actually get into the Inbox folder on Microsoft Outlook?

Question (2): Periodically, I get a message on my BlackBerry that says it's "...being used to carry data between the BlackBerry and associated server...please do not delete or respond, it will be handled by the server."  These never go away unless I do delete them the next day.  Does this mean I have messed up something in the setup?

Thank you very much...

SedonaBob

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder

Re: Two questions from a newbie who knows nothing

Hi SedonaBob

1- The BlackBerry Internet Service will forward any messages that appear on your server.  Your spam filter most likely is running only on your local machine so it is only controlling spam on the computer, not on your actual mailbox.

2-These network@etp messages are normally cause by installing the Desktop manager to use BES or Redirector instead of BlackBerry Internet Service.  To check if this is the case - if you have an "Email Settings" icon on your Desktop Manager, it is installed for BES or Redirector.  To fix it you must first reinstall (or modify) your Desktop Manager to use BlackBerry internet service.  Next, on your handheld,  you need to go to options, advanced options, service book and delete any service books that start with Desktop (cmime and cical).  Highlight the service book, click the menu key and select delete.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackrk

Re: Two questions from a newbie who knows nothing

1) Yes, please go to your Blackberry Desktop manager Software under Email Settings, Filters-- you have the ability to create specific Filters of what you do or DO NOT want sent to your device.  I use this all the time to prevent a BB Overload... :-)

2) It is OK to delete this message.  It is an automated response from the BB Server Administrator, but it does not hurt anything by deleting it.  You are good to go!

Please use plain text.