Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

axen12
My Device: curve

Re: UNable to play content error on music and videos

I had to sign up for this forum just to say that I had the exact same problem. I removed Whatsapp, restarted the bb and the problem was gone> Thanks for letting us know and BOO to Whatsapp!!

mo0osw
My Device: Curve 8520

THIS IS WHAT WHATSAPP CREATORS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS -- START READING DOWN AND GO UP

Any of those (other than 1036 that you have installed right now) will work. If you go to 4.6 you won't be able to have emoticons.

Oh Alright Now I Get it, i know i might be asking too much but could you please please help me decide which of these versions listed on the photo i attached is the version that goes well with whatsapp ... pleaseee ... because im a bit lost ... because as you see theres lots of downgrade bundles :smileyfrustrated:

WHATSAPP CREATORS : Sorry, this is an issue with the version of BlackBerry Operating System that you are running. We are unfortunately unable to fix it. Please consider changing to a different version of 5.0 and see if that fixes the issue.

Hello There , When I install it all goes well , reboot one time and it goes messy,unable to play content of my media .. When I uninstall whatsapp it allgoes well again .. Please update with solution, blackberry curve 8520
gepaldi

I tried that and the issue remains. Unable to play content =(

jall1987
My Device: curve 8520

IT WORKS!!!! IT'S FAULT OF WHATSAPP!!! NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY MEDIA FILES!

RiaanFB
My Device: Bold

Thank you, I have done this and the problem is solved.
liliperezcoymat
My Device: Curve

Amazin perroso boy! It worked!!! I removed  Whatsapp from my phone and the error in the media files desapeared! TNAKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I just have a doubt... how was Whatsapp damaging or causing an error in the media files?

rplm1234
My Device: curve 8100

Hello there, thanks for the info here. It helped me.

The problem is to do with whatsapp's permissions to media. If you deny it then the music plays fine, but whatsapp will not load as it says it doesn't have enough permissions to run.

It worked fine with my old version of whatsapp, only upgraded a week ago at their request. Drat!

Contributor
fimadot
My Device: Not Specified

I am interested in knowing the meaning of "WHAT'S APPS" and how to locate it on my curve 8520 please I have similar problem with my media player too. Thanks.
hskremer

I have a Curve, has the same problem, i uninstalled theWhatsApp and returned everything to normal, thank you! However, when you uninstall, it asks to restart and the Blackberry, but it will not turn on  and flashes a red light, in this case, remove the battery and wait two minutes, put the battery and turn normally.

Visitor
incognitoglam
My Device: Curve 8520 (Pink)

Had this problem and I got so worried because I use my BB a lot for music. Didn't want to back up and do a security wipe, as per some people's advice.

(Btw, I'm on a Curve 8520 (v5.0.0.1036 Bundle 1682 Platform 5.2.0.104) 

I bought FilterLab today (it's a photo app and is about 2mb in size) and I got the white screen with the "Unable to play content" message afterwards. After doing several restarts and battery pulls, I couldn't get rid of the white screen.

Saw threads telling me to remove the big file app most recently downloaded but I didn't want to get rid of FilterLab. So when I saw that people said to remove WhatsApp and reboot instead, I did.

AND IT WORKED! What the heck is up with WhatsApp? Sticking to BBM. Thanks for the help! Hope it doesn't happen again.