Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tsrg23
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

URGENT! 'Error 507' message received while attempting update

I need help asap!I tried to update my Curve 9300 tonight using both BBSAK and loader.exe, but i encountered an issue during the last few stages.I followed the instructions I found on a forum thread as instructed; I downloaded a more recent version of my phones OS from the BlackBerry website (I was using bundle 2647...I believe the one i downloaded was slightly older than the 2949 one), installed it on to my laptop, backed up my stuff using BBSAK, wiped the phone clean, waited for the 'Error 507' message to appear on screen (and as requested, didn't panic), and located and deleted the 'vendor.xml' file. I then located the 'loader.exe' file and set about installing the OS on to my BB. I followed every step without question.However this is where it all went wrong. When i loaded 'loader.exe', the only things that popped up were the apps I'd backed up earlier...no prompt to upgrade the new OS I'd downloaded. When I manually located the OS file to be installed, I received an error message telling me about a vendor fault or something.So I headed back to BBSAK instead and opted for the 'open OS' option. No luck there either. Now I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work, because despite following the said tutorial the loader program refused to acknowledge the existence of the new OS on my laptop, and I REALLY need my BB back.Can anyone help? To make matters worse, I don't currently have a home internet connection, and I need the BB to use as a modem in order to get things done. I'm writing to you from a terrible little Nokia I have spare, and after 10 minutes of tapping away on this infuriating touchscreen phone all I can think about is how much I miss my BB's keyboard.

Please help! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tsrg23

Re: URGENT! 'Error 507' message received while attempting update

Apologies for the cramped paragraph at the top. I copied the message in case it didn't go through (it didn't the first time I tried to send it), and although I used paragraphing in the original write up, that obviously didn't show this time -_-
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tsrg23

Bump.

Update - just booted up my laptop again so I could provide further details. The OS I downloaded to update my BB with is 6.0 Bundle 2921 (6.0.0.666).

When I load the Application Loader Wizard, I only receive a message saying "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

This doesn't appear in any of the screenshots on the guide I followed, and I had no other problems before that step. The OS was downloaded without any hitches, and installed onto my computer...so I don't understand why this is happening.

Can anyone help me?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

From what you describe, I suspect one of the following 4 possibilities:

1. The OS package you downloaded and installed to your PC is not for your exact model number BB...if the model number is not exactly the same, LOADER will ignore the OS package on your PC
  2. The OS package you used is somehow damaged -- infrequent, but it happens
  3. There is more than one OS package installed to your PC -- this can cause confusion for LOADER
  4. You only deleted one VENDOR.XML when there may well be two required to be deleted, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

You should be able to get it to load up...there must be a reason why, and you are correct that the 507 is normal (though, not at the point you received it...deleting VENDOR.XML files happens BEFORE you even start any of the WIPE/RELOAD process).

You might get some use from this KB:

• KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Give it some more tries and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.