Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
voyrufino
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: carphone warehouse

URGENT PLEASE!!! Enter Password Final attempt

Hi

Can some one please help me, my son was playing with my mobile I tried putting the password now it is not working can someone please help I have very important information on my mobile now its asking for final attempt if I put in the pin it will erase all  my information. :smileysad:

DOES ANYBODY KNOW A SOLUTION THAT WILL STOP MY MOBILE FROM ERASING MY CONTACTS PLEASE.

REGARDS

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: URGENT PLEASE!!! Enter Password Final attempt

If the password is entered more than the set number of times (default is 10), the phone is automatically wiped and still locked.

With the Blackberry phone, if you forget your password it is not able to be recovered. Always use a work or phrase you can easily type accurately, and you will never forget.

The full fix is to reload the operating system, and start over again. You cannot restore the phone from the backup, unless you know the password the phone had when that backup was created.

It is a wise idea to not let your children play with your phone. If you do, a wise idea is to remove the password if you want to allow your children to play with the phone. You can always put it back after.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
voyrufino
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: carphone warehouse

Hi

I remember the password but its saying its incorect. so I should  try the last attemp and let it erase my contacts thats the only solution?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Only you can decide...with just one attempt left, I would rate your chance of success at no more than 5%...95% likely that you will wipe out your data completely.

If you had more chances left, then there could be some things to try...but they are all "trial and error", needing more than one very lucky guess to try the correct thing.

So, rather than try most likely useless things, I'd suggest you go ahead and fail and then spend your time starting over (restoring from backup, etc.).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccie0007
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LTE SIM
My Carrier: 3

I wonder how you getting on with issue of your phone.Have you tried the last attempt?can you please let us know.I think I can help.

Please use plain text.