Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AlanHiggins
My Carrier: EE

USB Mass Storage problem

I have a Blackberry 9320 and am unable to connect it to the blackberry download manager on my PC. Have reinstalled the software on PC 3 times and have the same problem when connecting to my laptop. Have changed USB leads without success.

The problem seems to be with the mass storage mode - have followed instructions to enable mass storage mode but all I get is a message telling me that 'the media card is unavailable because mass storage mode is busy'

I have had loads of problems with this phone which is alledgedly an upgrade from my previous 9360 - which worked extremely well - which also now appears to have the same problem. The 9320 has gone back to the suppliers twice having suffered from the error 200 'white death' on two occasions when updating software.

I quite like my Blackberry phone but getting really fed up with not being able to synchronise contacts or calendar

Any body able to help??

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
allaineem
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: USB Mass Storage problem

Try this

Back up your data first.

1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )

2. download the device software

3. install it on your computer.

4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)

5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER

6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.

7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.

8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.

9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "

that is the time for step 10.

10. put the battery back
 and click on "Retry"

11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.

12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"

dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.

let me know if this help

Let me know if this help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlanHiggins
My Carrier: EE

Sorry it has taken a while to come back - Xmas etc

Thanks for your suggested fix

Tried your suggestion but apart from not being able to back up as my PC doesn't recognise the phone, when I reach Loader and get prompted it just doesn't detect the device so I can't go any further.

Can't get phone to activate mass storage and this is the same on the 3 Blackberry's that I have which suggests it is a problem with the interaction between the PC and the phones - HAve tried to use another PC and a laptop and still have the same problem

I am pretty frustrated as you can imagine as I have been trying to solve this for the past 3 months

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
allaineem
My Carrier: Sprint

try to follow the steps provided in this link 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27424&sliceId=2&cm...

to fix the problem with the connection of the device to your PC.

also try this additional step.

press the windows key on your keyboard

on the search field type in administrative tools

after that look for services

inside system look for blackberry desktop software 

double click blackberry desktop software then look for LOG on tab

under log on tab put a check mark on an option that says

" allow this to communicate with PC " something like that and click on ok.

once the steps on the KB are followed and this additional steps restart your PC and lets see what happen.

Let me know if this help.
Please use plain text.