Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Mitesh565
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

USELESS 1 YEAR WARRANTY + NO SUPPORT

[ Edited ]

:smileymad: I'm literally fed up. I have to go to normal shops and pay them to install OS on my Curve 9380 BECAUSE blackrudeberry service center don't reply properly + they said they won't install OS 7.1 on my curve 9380 rather they'll install that Fuc*in OS 5. Then what is the use of warranty and consumer support. Stop selling phones if you can't provide support and stop paying your staff if they don't know how to talk to customers properly. Sector-17A Support Center, Chandigarh, India

#Fed Up

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: USELESS 1 YEAR WARRANTY + NO SUPPORT

I have a Torch 9860 so I am not familiar with your phone. Since my case I updated the OS from BlackBerry Desktop Manager. You download it from RIM's servers directly onto your computer. Once that's done, connect your phone by usb cable to your computer. In a few seconds the Desktop Manager will recognize the phone. You will have the options to backup your data (recommended ) and then to upgrade your phone. It will only upgrade to the OS that suits your phone.
Is this of any help to you?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

All device service and warranty is handled through your carrier, Vodafone. If there is a problem your beef is with them. Not BlackBerry and not the friendly users on this forum (who are not BlackBerry employees, by the way.)

That said, if you have a 9380 then there is no such thing as OS 5 for it. There is only OS 7 or 7.1 and whatever they're telling you is incorrect. (not surprising as most in the stores know nothing about BlackBerry.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mitesh565

Then your employees are making fool out of people. I went there two times and I got nothing but harrassment. And I'm not talking about the store people. I'm talking about the people at service center/support center.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Was this a dedicated BlackBerry Service center? If not they're not BlackBerry employees. Either way they're not MY employees. I don't work for BlackBerry. I'm just a BB user just like you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mitesh565

Yes It was the one and only official service center in Chandigarh. And they talk so rudely. :Eek:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mitesh565

Yes this was a help but I'm unhappy and fed up because in the end I had to do this on my own.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Whose official service Center? Post the contact info (name of the center, address, etc). I highly doubt a BlackBerry corporate store treated you that way. It was probably a center authorized to work on BB.

Regardless, you don't need to take your BB to anyone to upgrade the software. That is normally and easily done by the end user.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I fail to see how that is my problem.

I am not BlackBerry. I'm just a knowledgable BlackBerry user who has lots of experience with BlackBerry. I DO NOT WORK FOR BLACKBERRY.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mitesh565

I'm not saying anything to you. I know you are a user. I'm shouting here hoping some BB OFFICIAL might take a look here. And umm address is SCO - 66-67 Sector-17A, Chandigarh, India
Please use plain text.