Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Jeb
Visitor
Jeb
My Device: Not Specified

Un-responsive to trackball movement (8900 Curve)

I've had my 8900 Curve for about 2 months and the trackball has recently decided to not work.  The ball seems to move fine but it does not affect the location or position of the cursor AT ALL.   Will someone plase help me solve this problem?!

Thanks,

--Jeb

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Un-responsive to trackball movement (8900 Curve)

Hi and welcome to the forums!

First the standard:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Here is a link to some youtube videos showing you how to clean and replace the trackball.

It's one of the simplest things to do on a Blackberry. Click Here: Trackball replace/clean

Also here is a reputable vendor used by many members here for parts:  Horizon Wireless Online.
Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Developer
jforce
My Device: Z10

Re: Un-responsive to trackball movement (8900 Curve)

Another option is to take it back to the store you got it from or call your carrier. The trackball shouldn't go that soon. Your berry should be covered for 1 year under warranty. They should either fix it or replace it.
BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com