If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kandru
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Reliance Mobile
Accepted Solution

Unable to Restore Password Keeper and Memo Pad to 8530

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 8830 to Curve 8530 using Device switch wizard. The third party applications were transferred to the new device but I had to manually restore the Address Book.

However, I'm unable to restore the Memo Pad and Password Keeper as both the files are greyed out on the Desktop side of the Desktop Manager Window.

I need help in getting both the Applications as I have lots of data stored in them.

thank you

Vijay

Vijay
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Unable to Restore Password Keeper and Memo Pad to 8530

Is this a work device?  Are you on a BES?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kandru

No, I'm not on BES.
Vijay
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Are both apps installed on the new device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kandru

That is the actual problem. When I did the Device switch, both the applications failed to get installed on the new device. I'm not even able to install them through the Desktop Manager.
Vijay
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You will need to install the OS to your computer and then use loader.exe to install the apps back to the device. What OS version do you have on the new device? Compose a new mail and in the body type "myver"without the quotes and hit the space bar. Please post that version number and your carrier.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kandru

Thank you very much. The problem got resolved as soon as I reloaded the OS (v5.0.0.973) Bundle 1596.

After the OS was reloaded, both the applications were available for me to do the selective restore.

Thanks a ton!

Vijay
Please use plain text.
vin_sngl
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have a similar problem, I recently moved to a different Blackberry enterprise server. I had taken a full backup. after moving to new enterprise server, I am not able to see my previously saved memos. How do I restore the same ?
Please use plain text.