Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Oz2000
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

Unable to access BBM

My old email has stopped working, so I created a new one in Blackberry ID to get into BBM, but for some reason I still can't access it. How do I get into BBM?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unable to access BBM

Hello Oz2000

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please provide the complete error message you receive while accessing BBM .

Are you able to access BlackBerry ID on your device ? Homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID , Are you getting any error message while accessing it .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oz2000
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

I don't get an error, but when I try to get into BBM, it always comes up with a screen saying "To restore BBM using an email address, you must do so now. This action can only be completed once. If you backed up BBM to your device or computer, you can click Skip and restore later from the BBM options."  No matter what option I select, it always takes me back to the screen, even though I backed BBM up and I have an email address.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Oz2000 wrote:

I don't get an error, 

Are you already login with your BlackBerry ID on that screen ? 

Oz2000 wrote:

but when I try to get into BBM, it always comes up with a screen saying "To restore BBM using an email address, you must do so now. This action can only be completed once. If you backed up BBM to your device or computer, you can click Skip and restore later from the BBM options."  No matter what option I select, it always takes me back to the screen, even though I backed BBM up and I have an email address.

Which version of BBM you're having ! Have you try to uninstall and update your BBM to the most recent available !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.