Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Julie101
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

Unable to access my email setup

Hi there,

I recently had to change my password to my gmail account  on my laptop and ever since then I'm unable to send or receice emails with my bb. i tried looking at the bb-manuals & guidelines online and the nearest thing to my problem was this:

Possible causePossible solution

The user's email address is not valid.

If the password for an email address that a user has added to the smartphone changes, the BlackBerry® Internet Service cannot access email messages for that email address.

Try one of the following:
  • Ask the user to open the email setup application to update the password for the email address.
  • You can update the password for the email address.
Note: Users do not receive email messages from this email address until the BlackBerry Internet Service validates the information.

But the problem is that when I press the email accounts/setup button, nothing happens. It tells me there is 1 email account in there, but it's like the button is unresponsive to that command. I don't know how to get around it.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Unable to access my email setup

Hi there, go to Setup > Email Accounts, and you should be automatically prompted to enter the updated password. If not, you can try to highlight the email account, press the BB Menu button and select Edit. Enter your new password under the Login tab.

If you're having problems, recreate your email account by highlighting the account you need to change, press the BB Menu button and select Delete. Once the email account has been deleted, you can recreate the email account.

If you are having problems getting into your Email Accounts area, perform a battery pull - while the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for the device to reboot.

Does this info help?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Julie101
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

Hi,

I've tried the battery pull about four times now. I know if i could actually get the email accounts menu to open it would probably be fine from there.  But I can't get it to respond.  I don't think it's a fault with the actual button as it works just fine for everything else.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Another thing to try is to go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table, press the BB Menu button and then select Register Now. That will help if the issue is related to a network data issue.

If that doesn't help, you can try calling your carrier as they may be able to get you back up and running through their internal tools.

Alternately, this may be indicative of a software problem on your device. If none of this works and you'd like to start from scratch, you can try to reload the software on your device. In that case, follow the information in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Note: I'd just use that as a last attempt if you can't get it working using the other methods, or if you'd rather just get your phone working as new again.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.