Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Unable to acess email

I am unable to access email on Blackberry Curve 9300 after setting a new email address. I have pulled the battery, sim card, reinstalled etc. All I get is cannot connect to server. When I get redirected to "Set up"  I get "no message services configured".  When I go to "set up" I get "The application has encountered an error and cannot continue." How do I get email on my blackberry? 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Unable to acess email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are other methods you can try:

1. Via your BB Browser, try www.blackberry.com/integrate
  2. Via PC/browser, try your carriers BIS website (if they have one)
  3. Ring up your carrier and ask them to do it for you (risky, IMHO, since you have to reveal your email credentials)

Beyond that, ringing up your carrier for formal support would be in order to figure out what is going on with your BIS account (which they manage).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Re: Unable to acess email

#1 doesn't work. My blackberry indicates "error the site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL link provided to you by your service provider." We shall see.