Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Unable to add a new contact and edit existing contacts

Hi! Iam inable to add a new contact and unable to edit existing contact on my balckberry curve 8520

The rest of the phone and features appears to be fine

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Unable to add a new contact and edit existing contacts

Hello !

Try the following:

Simply delete all the  Messenger apps (Yahoo, MSN or Live) which you might have upgraded recently / delete apps which were recently installed before the error which actually started occuring .

After that unplug the battery while the phone is still "on" and restart the phone.

In fact I had deleted a whole bunch of apps to facilitate my OS upgrade as I did not have enough memory on my Device.  

This not only helped solve my above mentioned problem but also made my phone restart in less than 3 minutes (the earlier reboot was done in not less than 15  minutes !!).

Therefore my conclusion as from the above incidents is to keep your apps in the bare minimum so that ur phone performs to the best.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.