Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
karslfa
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unable to add person to adress book after messenger update failed

Hi;

Since three days i can not add new person to m adress book.It started after failure of Windows Live Messenger update.After new update has dropped into my box i tried to get updated version.ut the screen has frozen.After get the battery out from the machine to turn to the normal my problem has started.I applied to Vodafone technical desk.But they said this is Blackberry general problem and known as yours.Do you have any solutions for that? I can not add anybody into my adressbook.And this makes me trouble when i try to find the person who i met new.Can you pls help me?

Brgds

Fatih

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karslfa

Re: Unable to add person to adress book after messenger update failed

It's really strange that  i can not find anything to solve my problem since 4 days.I understand now why BB is loosing customer and shared value in stocks.It is really unbelieveble that no one from BB interesting such kind of serious problems.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Hello !

Try the following:

Simply delete all the  Messenger apps (Yahoo, MSN or Live) which you might have upgraded recently / delete apps which were recently installed before the error which actually started occuring .

After that unplug the battery while the phone is still "on" and restart the phone.

In fact I had deleted a whole bunch of apps to facilitate my OS upgrade as I did not have enough memory on my Device.  

This not only helped solve my above mentioned problem but also made my phone restart in less than 3 minutes (the earlier reboot was done in not less than 15  minutes !!).

Therefore my conclusion as from the above incidents is to keep your apps in the bare minimum so that your phone performs to the best.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karslfa

Hello;

Yes it's solved.But shall i not use the messenger programs anymore? I gave up from three mesengers to use my adress book.Is this only solution?

Brgds

Fatih

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Hello !

Well you can use all the three messengers still,but not the updated version which is conflicting with the address book now.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.