Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to browse internet on BB curve 8900

Hi, I have a problem with a BB 8900. The device is on our BES and has been activated, it's also provisioned for data. The problem I'm having is that when i go into the browser - it continually displays a box asking for proxy authentication (username, domain and password). Even upon entering these details the box flashes back up.

Is this a service book issue? I recall ages ago having a similar problem, but can't recall how i resolved it. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out.

Cheers.

Contributor

Re: Unable to browse internet on BB curve 8900

Somewhat bizarrely I can access the internet now, but only from Google, I can't access any of my bookmarks from the bookmarks folder.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

What is your default browser set to? Check by going into the Browser, then going into Options | General Properties.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

Hi thanks for replying so quickly. It was set to Internet Browser - our BB's are provsioned for data via O2. I've since changed the browser to their O2 active browser, but the problem still persists.
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Hmmm. Have you tried wiping and reactivating the device? Or removing from the BES and trying it to see if the problem still persists? You can try resending services books from the BES too.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.