Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mapleon
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Unable to browse internet

Purchased blackberry curve 9300 last december, since then haven't connect to the internet. called Rogers tech support many times.I was told I had to have data plan to connect internet.I have voice only plan.

The problem is the phone is connect to my home wireless router, but when i browse internet, the message showed"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider"

I need your advice to solve the problem.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unable to browse internet

Hello mapleon

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What is your device OS version , to know that Options > About > first set of numbers on the third line. or Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line depending on OS version .

Some Carrier do need an data plan to browse Internet even over a wifi Network .So if your Carrier say so , then you must have some short of data plan in your account .

Here is the KB regarding this error :

KB24505 : "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later" when attempting to browse on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mapleon
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for reply. The version is v6.0.0.666.It would be disappointing to have data plan to browse internet.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello mapleon

I agree with you ! But throughout the world every Carriers are free to set there own rules regarding those services. Most Carrier do not need but still some do need some sort of data plan . 

KB13368 :Services that are available over a Wi-Fi connection

KB29087 : Unable to browse the Internet over a Wi-Fi connection on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.