Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
isyot
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Unable to connect

Hi..I'm new to the forums and i am having a strange problem with my BB8520 v5.0.0.681. My problem start when i wipe my data including my yahoo mail. when i try to setup my email again, in the enterprise activation has looking for the Email, Activation Password and the Activation Server Address but the pin is given and the status is not activated, so when i try to activate the problem comes out is "Activation request failed. A server connection is unavailabe." Any ideas or fixes, please help.

Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

Re: Unable to connect

You do know Enterprise Activation is when you have a BES to connect to, right?  If so, your helpdesk or BES admin at work should have provided you with all of the parameters to kick off your EA remotely.

If you're once again trying to setup your Yahoo mail (through BIS) then you should use the mail settings icon to get that setup.

New Contributor
isyot
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

How? this is my first tume to use BB phone. please help

Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

You can use the steps in the User Guide (think there should be a copy of this on the disc that came with the phone).

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/14928/