Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BB_user
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to delete selected messages

There are some messages in the handheld which could not be deleted, i.e after deletion the message remains in the folder.  The same messages has been deleted from Lotus Notes.  Anybody can help?  Many thanks!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Unable to delete selected messages

Double check that you havent marked the messages as saved. From Messages, press the menu key, select View Saved Messages.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mclellan

I occasionally have the same problem - the only answer seems to be to reset the Blackberry by removing and replacing the battery
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB_user

[ Edited ]
I've tried both methods (deleting the saved messages folder as well as removal of casing and battery) without any success.  The said messages cannot be forwarded or replied (message content no longer exist in mailbox) though the message is shown in the mailbox.  Thanks!
Message Edited by BB_user on 06-24-2008 03:52 AM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher

In this case you will probably have to wipe the device to clear out the message. I would recommend upgrading the device OS to the latest available. I used to see this problem a lot but haven't had the problem with the newer versions of the OS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB_user

Thanks.  I guess that is the only viable way.  By the way, if handheld is wipe, do I need to re-setup my unit with the PIN as like it is brand new (which will the IT dept support).  Sorry for the many questions..
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher

Yes, you will need to perform another enterprise activation before email will be delivered to your BlackBerry after the wipe.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB_user

Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.