Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Gum2012
My Device: 8900 Curve

Unable to receive SMS on BB 8900 Curve.

Hi i recently updated software to V5.0.0.681 and now am unable to receive SMS's.

i have been on the phone to 02 for hours but they cannot resolve.

When a test message is sent i see the two little arros appear but nothing comes to my handset.

My sim works in other phones and everything else is ok

Please can someone help

Gum

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Unable to receive SMS on BB 8900 Curve.

Hi Gum2012,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are you able to send SMS Messages? Can you please check to verify that your firewall isn't blocking your SMS Messages? You can find the Firewall settings in Options > Security Options > Firewall. If SMS Messages has a checkmark next to it, please try removing the checkmark, saving your change and testing to make sure you can receive SMS Messages again. Please note that any messages that were already blocked by the firewall will not be received on the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Gum2012
My Device: 8900 Curve

Re: Unable to receive SMS on BB 8900 Curve.

Hi

Many thanks for the reply. I have managed to sort this by restoring my phone. I backed everything up and performed the security wipe. It started to work but then after putting all my data back on it went back to no SMS's!

I then did the restore again and this time only transfer actual data i needed and not settings back to the phone. This worked fine. It must have been a setting somehwere

Regards

Gum