Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Unable to receive text messages

Hello, 

I have a Blackberry Curve 9380. A few days ago I received a call and the "voice mail" image appeared in the top bar of my blackberry. I checked my voice mail, but the symbol did not go away. Since then I have not received any text messages. The text messages I send are getting through, but the ones other people send me aren't. Thinking my inbox might be full, I deleted a few conversations, to no effect. My phone is basically new and I haven't made any adjustments to it. I've drawn a picture to show what i mean: 

I don't know if the voice mail and text messaging issues are related. I've gone a week without noticing that other people's text messages to me aren't getting through and I'm worried that I may have missed important messages. I'm planning to take my phone to the Bell store tomorrow but I'd really appreciate it if someone here could help!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Unable to receive text messages

Try device reset as mentioned below -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Bell

Well, the icon is still there, but I seem to be able to receive text messages now. thanks!

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry bold 1970
My Carrier: sprint

I tried that on my blackberry bold 9900 and my messages are still not coming in. I can send them and people receive them but when people text me I don't get them. What do I do. Everything else works on my phone except for me receiving texts. Please help.