Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mrcouch
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to register Gmail into 8330

Both my mother & I got the Curve today and we both use Gmail accounts. When setting up my phone, I had no problem getting it to work. I registered my BlackBerry account on the phone, entered my e-mail information and was good to go. However, when I began to set it up on my mothers phone it would not recognize her e-mail/password. The following message is presented...

"An error occured during email account validation. Please check your information and try again. If the error persists please contact your email provider. Please try again."

So I went into the gmail account settings on my PC and began to read the troubleshooting for mobile devices>BlackBerry. None of the troubleshooting information given to me from Gmail is availble on the phone itself.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78882

I am confused why my email had no trouble and her's is being so arrogant. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Unable to register Gmail into 8330

Sounds like you had the wrong password, Go to gmail (from your desktop pc) and reset your email password then try to set it up on the device again.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrcouch
My Device: Not Specified

No this was one of the first problems we attempted to tackle. We have reset her password 3 times now. I have tried and she has tried. Same error message.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante

Try to reset the device with a battry pull while the device is on.....wait for the 1 to 3 min reboot time and try again.  Can you get to the email account from a desktop pc?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante

First try to reset the device by pulling the battery while the device is on....leave out for 30 sec and reinstall. Wait for the 1 to 3 min reboot time and try to configure it again. Who is your wireless carrier throiugh?

Please use plain text.