Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Shrideep
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Unable to reinstall gtalk on my curve 9300

Hi,

I am unable to reinstall gtalk on my curve 9300. Initially i deleted the gtalk and i got the msg as "deletion in process and will be complete upon the handset restart". however when i try to reinstall gtalk from the setup options the gtalk icon does not respond.

Needing your help in resolving the same.

Regards,

Shri

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unable to reinstall gtalk on my curve 9300

Hi Shrideep 

Welcome to the Community

Have you tried a Battery Pull Restart if not do it like this while the device is powered on remove the battery wait then reinsert it back,after reboot see if you are able to reinstall GTalk to your device.Try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shrideep

Hi Prince,

Thanks for the quick revert. The suggestion given by you worked and I have re-installed the GTalk and its operational now. Curious to know if its the right way to remove batter from a handset wich is powered on. Hope it does not lead to any other performance issues? Also is their a way to opt for clean installation or uninstillation to avoid these issues, or any kind of steps that one need to keep in mind.

Thanks again for your advise.

Regards,

Shrideep

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello Shrideep

Its Good that your problem has been resolved and you are able to use your Gtalk again.I hope this problem never arise again.

Regarding Battery Pull Restart you never had to worry about that ,Infact a Battery Pull is needed for our BlackBerry Devices. Our device needs that  just as our PC needs a Restart. In a long run our devices leaks memory and performing a battery pull  recover that memory it fixes most glitches within our device without losing any data.Whenever you feel or see any Unusual on your device the first step is always a battery pull if that fails then we should think of any other also have a look at this Article  Battery pulls on your BlackBerry - when, why and how

Regarding Uninstall process Don't just delete the Icon from your home Screen instead to uninstall any application we should Go to Options > Device > Application Management then Uninstall it from there after that we do a battery pull restart .In addition have a look at this RIM Knowldge Base :

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone                

I hope you remember those tips whenever needed.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shrideep

Hi Prince,

Thanks for sharing the valuable info, i will refer to the sites mentioned in your earlier email to enhance my knowledge on blackberry handset/ applications.

Thanks again for your extended support.

Regards,

Shrideep

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Shrideep

You are most Welcome... Whenever you have any problem feel free to Post back. Consider this as your own Community forums.

Prince

Please use plain text.