Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
riosrx
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

Unable to save pictures.

I try taking a picture and get this message:

Ciphering material does not match this device

My default save location is the media card.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Unable to save pictures.

You have enabled encryption on either the device and/or media card. Unless it's a requirement for your job or you keep very sensitive information on your Media card (why?), turn it off! Simply setting a password on the device is suffice to protect the data on the device, and the Media Card should not have sensitive information.

To turn off device encryption, go to Options --> Security Options --> General Settings, and set Content Protection to Disabled.

Before you turn off encryption on the Media Card, you'll want to try to copy anything on it to your computer - if you can.

To turn off Media Card encryption, go to Options --> Media Card, and set Encryption Mode to None.

Once you've turned off all encryption, you should really reformat the card to clear any encrypted data on it. Go to Options --> Media Card, click the [Menu] button and select Format Card. This will format the card correctly for your BlackBerry.

Jerry
Please use plain text.