Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to sync Hotmail to my BB Curve

Greetings,

I am now 6 days in to my new BB 8830 Curve...(my first).  I thoroughly enjoy it....from sending text message with my thick fingers to down-loading music from my iTunes library to Sprint TV.  However, for the past 5 days, I have done all that I can to get my BB to sync with my MSN Hotmail account.  I had no problems with Yahoo and Google email accounts.  MSN tech support said, Hotmail will NOT sync, but MSN Live will (fee service of course).  This weekend, I signed up for MSN Live, got a new "@live.com" email address (along with my original hotmail).  After I signed up, I was "finally" able to get my BB to recognized my hotmail address.  I sent and received test messages.  Now I think I'm set.......WRONG.  This morning, I had 8 new emails in my hotmail account and NOT A SINGLE EMAIL WAS PICKED UP ON MY BB.

What could I be doing wrong?  What do I need to activate? 

Comments?

Thx,

MJGabe

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Unable to sync Hotmail to my BB Curve

Search this forum for the answer.. you will find it.. Rather than posting the same question multiple times...

In theory, unless its a paid hotmail account, it won't sync.

Mine, however does as I have a very very old Hotmail account that was on the old Legacy Platform.

Good luck..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~

Okay, well I have learned from your post and will give you what I think is the problem. I just bought my curve 8300, and it is like crack for sure. I think you should try forwarding your mail from hotmail.com to live.com. Maybe it is not in sync with eachother... just a thought... I am gonna try to forward my hotmail to gmail or something. I am not interested in paying for another service...let me know how it works out
New Contributor

JPCreek,

Thanks for the recommendation.  Here is another suggestion....click the browser (the globe) on the application page.  Then hit the menu button and select "Go To..."  Type in "msn.com:" and go to the MSN web page.  From here, click the Hotmail link and it will take you to your hotmail account.

Marcell