Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
kdate
My Device: Z10 STL-1
Accepted Solution

Unable to update OS 7.0 to 7.1 using desktop manager

Hi...

I have bb 9380 curve which has 7.0 OS, i want to update it to 7.1.  I have downloaded 7.1 device software and installed it in PC but when i try to update this through Desktop Manager it shows me " There is no update available for your divice" ...how can i update??

thanks

KDATE

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to update OS 7.0 to 7.1 using desktop manager

1. You noted in your profile here you have "none" as a mobile provider or carrier, is this correct?

2. Did you delete the Vendor.xml file from the PC?

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
kdate
My Device: Z10 STL-1

Hi J Sanders

It worked :smileyhappy: Merci bcp!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code