Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
angel_cakes08
My Device: Curve

Unable to verify e-mail password... again!

I receive an e-mail every once & a while saying that I must verify my e-mail password in order to continue sending/receiving messages on my phone. This would be fine if I was able to do so through my phone, but I am not. When I go to the set-up page to enter my password and try to click on the e-mail accounts button, nothing opens (it never has). Is there a way to fix this so it will open? Or a way to verify my password for now until I can get it fixed? It's really annoying not being able to do so myself.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Unable to verify e-mail password... again!

Is this for a Hotmail email address? If so, consider changing your Hotmail setup. Start by deleting your email account from your email settings (highlight the email account, press the BB menu button and select Delete). Next, add the email address back in. This should update the Hotmail settings to the new Hotmail settings that will no longer require you to update your password every 6 months.

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angel_cakes08

No, it is not a hotmail account. The problem is that I cannot open my e-mail options at all... not specifically with that e-mail account.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, in that case, can you go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings (or just Options > Advanced Options, depending on your OS) > Host Routing Table, press the BB Menu button and select Register Now.

Does that now give you access? If not, try going to the following link on your BlackBerry Browser: http://blackberry.com/integrate.

If that still doesn't work, you'll want to contact your carrier, Bell, for further assistance as they may be able to check things on their end. Barring everything else, you may need to reload the software on your device. If that's the case, let me know and I'll give you the instructions on how to do that.

Good luck and keep me posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angel_cakes08

My device is now "registered", but it still will not open the "e-mail accounts" option. I can open the BBM, visual vioce mail, wifi, etc... just not the e-mail one.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, in this case, I'd suggest reloading the software on the device. It may just be an issue with the software, so this should resolve this.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angel_cakes08

Okay,

I've downloaded the desktop manager, and backed up my phone information to my computer. Now how do I go about wiping and restoring my phone?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi angel_cakes08, sorry about the lack of response.

Try using the method described in the link in my post above. That should do it for you.

Please use plain text.