Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Emily_Hartley98
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: giff gaff /orange

Unblocking!!!!

I have a curve 8520 and I have just bought it from a friend. It is currently blocked to orange but I want to use my giff gaff sim. Searching all over the internet to see how I can unblock my phone and still no good. Does anybody know what to do as to unblock my phone/ mepd digit code.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Unblocking!!!!

That depends. Is the Network "blocked" or simply "Active?"

Go to Options >Sim Card (may be under Advanced Options)

On the screen, type M E P D (you won't see any letters typed on the screen but when you're done you will see additional information.)

What does it say next to Network?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Emily_Hartley98

Whenever I get on to to the sim card part and I type in mepd nothing changes I even tried pressing alt and typing it but nothing happens. Where it is supposed to say the network name on the home screen it says invalid sim card and at the begining it says I have to type a code.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Emily_Hartley98

Oh wait next to network it says active
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Active means the device is locked. You will need to get an unlock code. If the device is from your wireless service provider then contact them. If not, you will need to purchase a code. It's cheap. A reliable unlock service is unlock.berryreview.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.